You ever thought about a cheesecake with berry purée? I have good news for you. This cheesecake is made with berry purée. From the berries the cake has the refreshing touch and it’s light to the stomache. With its color it’s an eye-catcher.
Summer time is berries time. Or what do you think? I think it’s true. Berries are very refreshing and on my opinion they are a summer must have. For a birthday I thought about a cake with berries. And I ended up on a berry cheesecake. With its color and flavour it fits perfectly in the summer time.
- 400g berries
- 1 tsp caramel (selfmade)
- 200g cookies
- 1 pinch of salt
- 50g butter
- 200g cream cheese
- 250g quark
- 5tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 4 eggs
- 200g crème fraîche
Step by step
- Smash the cookies till they are crumbly. Now let the butter melt and mix it with the crumbly cookies.
- Put the berries with sugar and caramel in a pot and leave them simming on low temperature till they are soft. After cool them down purée the berries. Separate the seeds from the purée with a sieve.
- Place the crushed cookies in the cake tin and press them against the base.
- Preheat the oven to 160°.
- Mix the cream cheese with quark and sugar till its creamy. Now add one pinch of salt and flour and mix it again. Add the eggs and mix it. Add the puree and crème fraîche and stir until creamy and evenly coloured.
- The last step is putting the berry cream over the cookies.
- Bake the cheesecake for 40 minutes. The cream is still soft inside. Let the cake cool down overnight. You can decorate it with more berries.